ARC is committed to ensuring new students have a smooth transition to the college and are successful during their first year.
Achieve@ARC is designed to ensure new students successfully transition to and complete their first year at ARC.
Key Program Benefits
- Students will receive book vouchers for Fall and Spring semesters in their first year
- Guaranteed Fall term schedule (English and Math Courses)
- Free Summer Experience designed to help students transition to ARC (lunch included)
- Designated staff to provide individualized support
- Hands-on assistance with admission steps to ARC, including completing the application form
- Assistance with completing FAFSA or California Dream Act application (recommended by March 2nd)
- Referral to support programs such as EOPS/CARE, TRIO, Puente, UMOJA etc. based on the student's eligibility
- Assistance with career counseling and advising
Requirements to Participate
- Must be graduating high school during the 2018-19 academic year
- Complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act application
- Must be enrolled in 12 units
- Complete the enrollment steps and register for Fall 2019 courses by August 3rd
- Enroll in Math and/or English course during the Fall 2019 semester
- Participate in the free New Student Experience
- Check-in twice per semester with designated program staff
- Have degree, certificate, or transfer goal.
The New Student Experience (NSE) is NOW OPEN for registration.
NSE is a required multi-day, in-person orientation program you don't want to miss! NSE will provide essential tools for new ARC students to succeed. Students will learn about the many student support resources, academic support services, connect with faculty, staff, and other students. This is your chance to meet your fellow ARC new students.
Achieve students will select from the following dates:
- Session 1, July 16 -17 (Mon-Tues); 9:30AM-4PM both days
- Session 2, July 26 -27 (Thurs-Fri) 9:30AM-4PM both days
- Session 3, (Evenings), July 31, August 1, and August 2 (Tues-Thurs); 4:30PM-9PM
- Session 4, August 10 -11 (Fri-Sat); 9:30AM-4PM both days
- Session 5, August 16 -17 (Thurs-Fri); 9:30AM-4PM both days
COMMIT & Register
In order to be officially in the Achieve Program read and agree to the commitment statement below and sign-up for a summer session by clicking the New Student Experience Experience Link.
YOUR COMMITMENT to us as a participant in Achieve@ARC Program includes:
- Meet the requirement of graduating from high school during the 2018-19 academic year.
- Complete the FAFSA or Dream Act Application.
- Commit to my goal of a degree, certificate, or transfer.
- Complete the enrollment steps and register for Fall 2019 classes by JUNE 30 and enroll full-time, 12 units minimum (F'18 and Sp'19).
- Enroll in a Math AND/OR English course during Fall 2019 semester. (If you need assistance with enrolling in Math or English contact 916-484-8496)
- Participate in the free multi-day New Student Experience prior to Fall 2019 semester.
*By clicking the New Student Experience link and signing up a summer session you are agreeing to the above statements.
Questions? Call 916-484-8496 or email Achieve@arc.losrios.edu
Interested? Tell Us a Little About Yourself.
Thank you for your interest in the Achieve@ARC program for new students at American River College.
Please share some quick information so we can follow-up with you. Thanks!
Brian's experience with American River College has been both intellectual and physical, as he juggles his computer science major with his extracurricular activities in track and field. He's proud of himself for getting into college, as well as for placing third in the 400M hurdles at the state competition, and hopes to use his skillset to achieve a bachelor's degree at a 4-year university and eventually work for Microsoft in creating new technologies.