Thank you for choosing American River College!
Complete the Steps to Success
If you are a new student and have never attended college, you will need complete the Steps to Success in order to enroll in classes.
Submitting Your Transcripts and Test Scores to American River College
Official transcripts from all other educational institutions (high school, college, university) must be submitted prior to enrollment to satisfy math and English prerequisites, as well as inform Veterans educational benefits and financial aid.
If you have questions, contact Admissions & Records at (916) 484-8261.
Achieve@ARC helps new students make a smooth transition
ARC is committed to ensuring new students have a smooth transition to the college and are successful during their first year. Achieve@ARC is designed to ensure new students successfully transition to and complete their first year at ARC.
- Guaranteed Fall term schedule (English and Math Courses).
- Free Summer Experience designed to help students transition to ARC (lunch included)
- Designated staff to provide individualized support
- Hands-on assistance with admission steps to ARC, including completing the application form
- Assistance with completing FAFSA or California Dream Act application (recommended by March 2nd)
- Graphic of Achieve at ARC with grad capReferral to support programs such as EOPS/CARE, TRIO, Puente, UMOJA etc. based on the student's eligibility
- Assistance with career counseling and advising
- Fun & Informative activities throughout the year
Requirements to Participate
- Must be graduating high school during the 2019-20 academic year
- Complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act application
- Enroll in Math and/or English course during the Fall 2019 semester
- Participate in the Free New Student Experience
- Check-in twice per semester with designated Success Team Coach or Counselor
- Have degree, certificate, or transfer goal
Questions? Call 916-484-8496 or email Achieve@arc.losrios.edu
Get help with admissions, including application and registration. Visit the Connect Center inside the Welcome and Support Center building.