Ways to Give

Planned Giving

If you would like to support American River College through a planned gift, these are the easiest ways possible:

To leave a Bequest to American River College in your will, you need the following information:

  • Full legal name of beneficiary: Los Rios Colleges Foundation
  • Mailing address: 4700 College Oak Drive, Sacramento, CA 95864-4286
  • Tax identification number: 94-2506591 (Los Rios Colleges Foundation)

Majestic Oak Society:

The Majestic Oak Society is a special giving circle created to recognize and honor individuals and couples who provide transformational support through current planned gift arrangements or who have expressed the intention to make a future gift through their estate plans, often referred to as a Bequest Intention.

To Give Now

Give Online

The simplest and easiest gifts you can make is


Give by Credit Card

Call the Office of Philanthropy at 916.484.8174 to provide your credit card information over the phone. We accept Visa, MasterCard and debit cards.

Give by Check

Make your check payable to the Los Rios Colleges Foundation and mail with a note designating the area you wish to support:

American River College 
Office of Philanthropy
4700 College Oak Drive
Sacramento, CA 95841

Give by Payroll Deductions for Los Rios Employees

Permanent ARC employees are eligible to give through payroll deduction. Print and complete an Employee Payroll Form and send through intercampus mail or hand deliver to the ARC Office of Philanthropy in the administration building

Payroll Deduction Form For Employees

Double your gift: Stocks and Real Property Gifts of Securities

Gifts Of Stock

Thank you for considering a gift of stock to the Los Rios Colleges Foundation. There are many ways to make a meaningful impact at Los Rios, including gifts of stock that often come with significant tax benefits. Please consult your tax advisor with questions about the deductibility of these gifts and how it applies to your personal tax situation.

For your convenience in making a gift of publicly traded shares of stock to the Foundation, simply follow the steps below:

  • Please call your broker and let them know that you want to make a gift of shares to the Los Rios Colleges Foundation.
    Your broker will want to know the name of the stock and the number of shares you are contributing. In addition, your broker will request the following information:
  • Account Name: Los Rios Colleges Foundation Account Number: 838-010738 DTC #: 0015
  • Please notify us to expect the transfer. In most cases, we receive a transfer with no identifying information, and we want to be able to credit you for the gift and designate your gift correctly.

The Los Rios Colleges Foundation will provide a tax receipt for the fair market value of the gift, which the IRS defines as equal to the average of the highest price and lowest price on the day we receive the transfer.

Wire transfers will be facilitated by Graystone Consulting, our investment firm. 

In-Kind (Non-Cash) Gifts

Gifts of property for use by the college are called in-kind donations. 

  1. American River College may accept non-cash or "in kind" donations of equipment or materials if they can be used to the benefit of college programs and services.
  2. Please contact the  Office of Philanthropy at (916) 484-8174 to verify that the donated equipment or materials can and will be used in support of educational programs or services. Please complete the Non-Cash Donation Form below. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires the donor to provide the reasonable market value for any in-kind donation.
  3. After completing the donor portion of the Non-Cash Donation Form, the donor sends the form to the Office of Philanthropy. This office will coordinate delivery of the donation with the donor and the dean of the area receiving the gift.
  4. As soon as the donation has been delivered to the appropriate department and the Non-Cash Donation Form is signed by the receiving department, the Office of Philanthropy will then send a letter of acknowledgment to the donor, along with a copy of IRS Form 8283, if needed.

In-Kind (Non-Cash) Gifts