VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC)
Vet Success on Campus is a partnership with VA's Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VocRehab) program and American River College to provide student Veterans and their dependents with the support and counseling they need to complete the education or training necessary to have successful careers.
The Vocational Rehabilitation VetSuccess Counselor works full time at American River College. They are dedicated to provide guidance, information and resource referrals such as:
- Assisting and applying for VA educational benefits
- Help to access and understand VA benefits
- Exploration of interests and abilities to choose a career path
- Referrals and job search assistance
- Applying for healthcare benefits
- Obtain referrals for VA medical and mental health services
- Referrals for readjustment counseling services to Veterans and their families
- Coordination with ARC faculty/staff
- Assistance with locating community resources
The Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor's office is located in the Veterans Resource Center. Appointments or walk-ins welcome. You can reach them at 916-484-8377.