Click here to Skip to main content
AskARC Logo
Veterans Services Title Banner


Military Drop or Withdrawal


If you are called to active duty during the semester and would like to request a military withdrawal, bring a copy of your orders to the Veterans Resource Center and attach them to an ARC petition requesting military withdrawal. Once approved, ARC will withdraw you from your classes and reimburse your tuition. If financial aid is involved, ask the coordinator to determine how your financial aid will be affected. You are responsible for contacting your lender(s) regarding any loan repayment options.

If you would like to receive a grade of incomplete as an alternative to military withdrawal, please contact your instructor(s) for approval.

If you are receiving VA education benefits, a VA Certifying Official will work with the Department of Veterans Affairs regarding your last day of attendance. For additional questions, contact the ARC Veterans Resource Center at 916-484-8135.