2. ARC Assessment Tests: Please contact the Assessment Center for testing days and times at 916-484-8423.
3. Orientation: Orientations are available online.
4. Provide transcripts from other colleges: You are required by the Department of Veterans Affairs to provide all transcripts. Unofficial transcripts can be used prior to petitioning for graduation.
5. Applications and Required Documents:
Veterans Affairs Applications:
•22-1990 (Chapters 33, 30 & 1606) submit this form when applying for benefits for the first time or when changing chapters
•22-1995 (Chapters 33, 30, 1606 & Transfer of Entitlement Program) submit this form when transferring schools or if you have already applied for benefits before
•22-5490 (Chapter 35 & Fry Scholarship) submit this form when applying for benefits for the first time
•22-5495 (Chapter 35 & Fry Scholarship) submit this form when transferring schools or if you have already applied for benefits before
•22-1990E (Transfer of Entitlement Program) submit this form when approved for transfer of entitlement
•Veterans/Reservists - provide your DD form 214 (member - 4)
•Reservists - provide Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) DD Form 2384-1
•Veterans/Reservists - if applicable provide Kicker/College Fund Contract
•Chapter 35 Dependents who have NEVER applied - provide your birth certificate or marriage certificate and the Veterans' DD form 214
•All recipients - provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility if you have already been approved for VA education benefits
6. Make an ARC Counseling appointment for a VA educational plan: Pick up a VA educational plan at the Veterans Resource Center before your appointment. All transcripts from other colleges must be received prior to your appointment. The Department of Veterans Affairs mandates that students select a major. You can only receive payment for courses that are required according to your major. Please contact the ARC Counseling Center for an appointment at 916-484-8572.
7. Enroll & schedule a VA certification appointment: Do not schedule an appointment if you plan to drop or add classes. Classes on the waitlist cannot be certified. Changes to your schedule after initial certification can cause delays in payments or overpayments with the Department of Veterans Affairs. If you make changes to your schedule after certification, contact our office immediately. To schedule your VA certification appointment, please call 916-484-8135.