2. ARC Assessment Tests: Please contact the Assessment Center for testing days and times at 916-484-8423.
3. Orientation: Orientations are available online or for assistance contact counseling at 916-484-8572.
Veterans Affairs Applications:
•22-1990 (Chapters 33, 30 & 1606) submit this form when applying for benefits for the first time or when changing chapters
•22-1995 (Chapters 33, 30, 1606 & Transfer of Entitlement Program) submit this form when transferring schools or if you have already applied for benefits before
•22-5490 (Chapter 35 & Fry Scholarship) submit this form when applying for benefits for the first time
•22-5495 (Chapter 35 & Fry Scholarship) submit this form when transferring schools or if you have already applied for benefits before
•22-1990E (Transfer of Entitlement Program) submit this form when approved for transfer of entitlement
- Provide transcripts from other colleges: Required by the Department of Veterans Affairs to provide all transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are permitted, but we will need official copies.
- Veterans - DD-214 (member 4)
- Reservicsts - Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) DD 2384-1
- Veterans/Reservicsts - If applicable, provide Kicker/College Fund Contract
- Dependents - Never applied for CH. 35 benefit - submit birth certificate/ marriage certificate, and the Veteran's DD-214.
- All Receipients - If you have already been approved by the VA/used benefits, please provide your Certificate of Eligibility for VA Educational Benefits.
Additional Documents for VRC Office (found in FORMS section of website):
• Student Statement of Understanding
• Cover sheet & Intake sheet
• Residency packet - if you are not a CA resident. Click here for Residency form.
• Do Not Drop Form - for CH. 33/ 33-TOE/ Fry Scholarship
5. Make an ARC Counseling appointment for a VA educational plan: Pick up a VA educational plan at the Veterans Resource Center before your appointment. All transcripts from other colleges must be received prior to your appointment. The Department of Veterans Affairs mandates that students select a major. You can only receive payment for courses that are required according to your major. Please contact the ARC Counseling Center for an appointment at 916-484-8572.
6. Enroll & schedule a VA certification appointment: Do not schedule an appointment if you plan to drop or add classes. Classes on the waitlist cannot be certified. Changes to your schedule after initial certification can cause delays in payments or overpayments with the Department of Veterans Affairs. If you make changes to your schedule after certification, contact our office immediately. To schedule your VA certification appointment, please call 916-484-8135.