The Tutorial Center now offers three different online tutoring options for ARC students in addition to appointments and drop-in tutoring.
1) We offer 6 hours of online tutoring per term via NetTutor. In order to have access to tutoring services, including online tutoring, please complete the online registration/referral . Once you have registered with the Tutorial Center, you will have access to use NetTutor through your Canvas site. If you have any questions, contact the Tutorial Center inside the LRC.
2) Online tutoring is also available through a partnership with Sacramento Public Library. Free live tutoring is available Sunday--Saturday 1pm-11pm for help in the following college level subjects: Algebra, Biology, Calculus 1, Chemistry, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Statistics, Trigonometry as well as for writing assignments through the Writing Lab. Tutoring is also available for Adult Learners in basic, intermediate, and advanced help in Math, Reading, and Writing. For more information about how to get immediate access to free online resources through the Sacramento Public Library Click Here.
3) The Tutorial Center offers one hour online tutoring appointments with our own ARC tutors through Canvas. In order to participate and get the most out of your online tutoring experience with the LRC's Tutorial Center, you will need to do the following:
- Complete the Tutorial Center online registration/referral
- Schedule a technical orientation, if you are doing online tutoring for the first time through the LRC's Tutorial Center
- Have access to high speed internet connection for the device you
will be using for your online tutoring session through Canvas.
- Have a headset with a microphone to connect to your device
to communicate with your tutor
- Have a webcam(optional) for your device to view your tutor
- Have a quiet place to work with minimal distractions to help you
focus on the online tutoring session
- To start the request process, please use the Chrome browser to complete the Tutorial Center Online Tutoring Request Click Here.
If you have any questions regarding any of these services, please contact the Tutorial Center at 916-484-8808 or email us at Tutoring@arc.losrios.edu for more information.