The Tutorial Center now offers three optioins for online tutoring to ARC students:
1) Online tutoring is available through NetTutor: an online tutoring service available 24/7 for many subjects. Sign up for FREE online tutoring here to start online tutoring through your Canvas site right away. NetTutor provides highly-qualified tutors in the following subjects: Accounting, Anatomy/Physiology, Anthropology, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Criminology, Economics, Engineering, Finance, French, Geology, German, History, Italian, Math (through Pre-Calculus and Calculus & above), Nursing, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, and Statistics. For other tutoring services in the LRC's Tutorial Center, including individual appointments and drop-in tutoring, please complete the online registration/referral.
2) Coming soon! NEW for Summer 2018, online drop-in tutorng will be available for some subjects! Stay tuned for more information.
In order to participate and get the most out of your online tutoring experience, you will need to do the following:
- Complete the Tutorial Center's online registration/referral
- Schedule a technical orientation, if you are doing online tutoring for the first time
through Canvas and an ARC tutor.
- Have your own device and connection to high speed internet to access your online
tutoring session from off campus.
- Have a headset with a microphone to connect to your device
to communicate with your tutor.
- (Optional) Have a webcam for your device to view your tutor.
- Have a quiet place to work with minimal distractions to help you
focus on the online tutoring session.
3) Online tutoring is also available through a partnership with Sacramento Public Library. Free live tutoring is available Sunday--Saturday 1pm-11pm for help in the following college level subjects: Algebra, Biology, Calculus 1, Chemistry, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Statistics, Trigonometry as well as for writing assignments through the Writing Lab. Tutoring is also available for Adult Learners in basic, intermediate, and advanced help in Math, Reading, and Writing. For more information about how to get immediate access to free online resources through the Sacramento Public Library Click Here.
If you have any questions regarding any of these services, please contact the Tutorial Center at 916-484-8808 or email us at Tutoring@arc.losrios.edu for more information. Tutoring services printable flyer