About Peer Tutors
Peer Tutors provide tutoring for many lower level and some upper level division courses. Tutors coach students in their understanding and skills in the subject, helping them to succeed on their own after the tutoring session.
What You'll Need to Do
- All new Peer Tutors for fall 2018 must enroll in the LRC300, Introduction to Tutor Training, a one unit hybrid course and attend the mandatory orientation on Friday, August 31, 2018 12:00 to 1:20p.m.in the LRC, room 104.
- In addition to the orientation, class will meet every Friday from 12:00-1:20p.m (see schedule for specific dates).
- All tutors must be enrolled in a minimum of six units or more and have earned a "B" or better in the courses they plan to tutor.
- Must maintain an overall 3.0 GPA.
- Must have written approval from an ARC faculty member.
What You'll Get
- You will earn money. Pay for peer tutors (student help employee) is $11.00 per hour as of January 1, 2018.
- You will learn the subject better.
- You will add work experience to your resume.