CSU Transfer Degrees
ASSOCIATE DEGREES FOR TRANSFER (ADT)
ARC students who earn an associate degree for transfer (ADT's)(Associate in Arts for Transfer [AA-T] or Associate in Science [AS-T]) are guaranteed junior standing and priority admission consideration over other transfer students when applying to a CSU baccalaureate (BA/BS) degree program that is deemed similar to the student's community college area of emphasis (This does not guarantee admission to selective programs or campuses).
Students should petition for transfer degrees by the designated deadline.
General Degree Requirements
- Completion of the CSU General Education (CSU GE) pattern or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC);
- Completion of specific major requirements as indicated in the ARC Catalog.
- 60 CSU transferable units
- Minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA)
- GPA Increase (0.1 impacted; 0.2 non-impacted)
- Exempt from recency requirements
- Students would be leaving the community college with a degree..
- Certain guarantees: admission to the CSU system (not a particular campus)
- No additional local graduation requirements can be imposed by the community college
- CSU's can't require students to complete more than 60 additional units after transfer.
Transfer Degrees Offered at American River College (as of 05/2018)
|Administration of Justice (AS-T)|
|Art History (AA-T)|
|Business Administration (AS-T)|
|Communication Studies (AA-T)|
|Early Childhood Education (AS-T)|
|Elementary Teacher Education (AA-T)|
|Nutrition & Dietetics (AS-T)|
|Political Science (AA-T)|
|Studio Arts (AA-T)|
|Theatre Arts (AA-T)|