ARC Office of Philanthropy Scholarships
The ARC Office of Philanthropy awards scholarships to deserving students each year. By completing a single application, students are matched to any of the hundreds of available scholarship opportunities for which they qualify. Additional scholarships are available through generous community partners.
When to Apply
Scholarship season begins January 23, 2019. The deadline to submit an online application is March 1, 2019. Please note that online scholarship applications will only be accepted during the January - March 2019 submission period.
- In order to apply for scholarships, you must have a Los Rios student ID number.
- All students must be currently enrolled at American River College.
- At least one letter of recommendation is required for all scholarships. You must provide the name and email address for the person who will be providing one for you in the General Application. Start thinking about who can do this for you early. A faculty member, counselor, or employer are all good options. You may want to talk to them about providing you a recommendation first, and even provide them with an educational resume.
How to Apply
- Visit https://losrios.academicworks.com/ and click on the "Sign In" button at the top right hand corner using your Student ID Number.
- Complete the General Application. The more information you provide, the more likely you are to be awarded a scholarship.
- This single application will be used to auto-match you to any of the hundreds of scholarship opportunities for which you qualify.
- You will also be presented with additional scholarships for which you MAY be eligible. These scholarships require more information, like an additional essay question, a transcript, or an answer to several questions.
- PLEASE NOTE: You will not see all the scholarships that you have been matched to, but your application will be in the pool to be reviewed by our readers.
After You Apply
After the deadline closes, it will take several weeks for scholarship reviewers to read and score all of the scholarship applications that are received. All applicants will be notified once the review and selection process is complete.
If you are selected to receive scholarships, you must accept (or decline) the scholarship award offer within two weeks from the email in order to receive the scholarship.
In addition, many scholarships require a Thank You letter for the donor or an RSVP to the Scholarship Awards Ceremony in order for the funds to be disbursed. If you have any questions regarding scholarship opportunities, assistance will be available at ARC's Career and Pathways Support Services (located in the Welcome and Support Center) during the following dates and times beginning January 29th: Tuesdays 9 -12pm, Wednesdays 1-4:30pm and Thursdays 12-4:30pm or ScholaA@losrios.edu.
Outside Scholarship Opportunities - A scholarship is considered a gift of money to assist a student in financing their higher education. The amount available for individual students varies. Students do their own independent research to find available resources. Outside scholarships may come from foundations, civic or service clubs, corporations, and/or private individuals. To view a current list of outside scholarship opportunities please click on: Outside Scholarship Opportunities