Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Testing
Every Monday and Tuesday from 8:30am - 3:30pm. See hours of operations notice for any schedule changes.
*Must be able to return in 48 hours after TB test given.*
For up-to-date hours of operation, please visit our department's main page at: http://www.arc.losrios.edu/HealthCenter
1. Fill out paper work in Health Center
2. Pay $5 at business office and return to Health Center with receipt
3. Receive TB skin test placement.
4. Return 48 hours later for us to check the results.
Employees (no charge)
1. Receive TB skin test placement
2. Return 48 hours later for us to check the results
What is TB?
Tuberculosis (TB) is spread through the air from one person to another. The TB bacteria are put into the air when a person with TB disease of the lungs or throat coughs, sneezes, speaks, or sings. People nearby may breathe in these bacteria and become infected.
Why do I need to be tested?
People who are working or training in areas that have a higher risk of spreading TB or contracting TB must be periodically tested. Each institution has a specific frequency of testing based on the risk.