Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Testing
TB Testing Hours at the ARC Health Center:
For up-to-date hours of operation and our TB testing schedule, please visit our department's main page at: http://www.arc.losrios.edu/HealthCenter
1. Fill out paper work in Health Center
2. Pay $5 at business office and return to Health Center with receipt
3. Receive TB skin test placement.
4. Return 48 hours later for us to check the results.
Employees (no charge)
1. Perform TB Risk Assessment with nurse (if no history of postivie TB skin test in the past)
What is TB?
Tuberculosis (TB) is spread through the air from one person to another. The TB bacteria are put into the air when a person with TB disease of the lungs or throat coughs, sneezes, speaks, or sings. People nearby may breathe in these bacteria and become infected.
Why do I need to be tested?
People who are working or training in areas that have a higher risk of spreading TB or contracting TB must be periodically tested. Each institution has a specific frequency of testing based on the risk.