After completing the FASFA if you meet the Federal Work-Study (FWS) eligibility requirements you will be contacted by the ARC Financial Aid Office regarding your eligibility. Federal Work-Study (FWS) positions are available at American River College (ARC), including the Mather Center and Natomas Center.
Federal Work Study (FWS) Program
- FWS students can work part-time employment while maintaining enrollment in at least six (6) Financial Aid Course Eligible units at American River College.
Important: Being FWS eligible does not guarantee you a FWS job - campus positions are limited and funding is on a first come first serve basis so don't delay.
- FWS work hours are divided between the Fall and Spring semester (example: you could potentially work 17 hours per week for 16 weeks during the Fall and Spring semester)
Note: You cannot exceed your awarded hours.
- Paid an hourly rate at minimum wage (FWS students are paid on the 10th of each month)
- If you use less than 80% of your FWS semester award the unused portion will be redistributed to other eligible financial aid students.
- Summer hours are based on FWS Program funding availability.
How Do I Apply for a FWS Job
- Now that you are eligible you can begin applying for Federal Work-Study (FWS) positions on campus at American River College (ARC). Click here for positions. (Check back regularly for new job postings) https://search.arc.losrios.edu/cgi-bin/webdata_scholar.pl?cgifunction=Search
- If a position interests you (click on more info), please contact the Supervisor for the position and schedule an interview.
- Take your resume and this email as proof of FWS Eligibility to the department Supervisor offering the position.
- If hired the department Supervisor will have you complete the Intent to Employ packet and the Supervisor will submit the packet to the Financial Aid Office. NOTE: If you have previously worked at ARC please inform the Supervisor as this changes the application process.
- You will be notified by the Supervisor regarding your starting date of employment as soon as your employment packet is approved by the ARC Business Office.
Important: You CANNOT start working until the department Supervisor receives conformation that your Intent to Employ packet has been processed.
Maintain FWS Eligibility Requirements
- Maintain enrollment in at least six (6) Financial Aid Course Eligible units at ARC
- Maintain minimum 2.0 GPA
- Maintain a minimum of 67% passing percentage of attempted units
- Have not exceeded 150% attempted units for program of study
DISCLAIMER: The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to reduce your FWS award at the end of the Fall and Spring semester for hours not worked or due to ineligibility. Your FWS award may also be reduced at any time if your financial need changes. You will be notified of any change via email and it is your responsibility to notify your supervisor of the change.