Click here to Skip to main content
AskARC Logo
Financial Aid Title Banner


California Dream Act Application

If you have a valid Social Security Number, are a US Citizen and a resident of California, then you cannot complete the California Dream Act Application.  Click here to access the FAFSA Web site. 


Undocumented students who meet the criteria listed below should proceed to fill out the California Dream Act application by clicking here.


What is the California Dream Act?

The California Dream Act allows undocumented and nonresident documented students who meet AB 540 requirements to apply for and receive several types of financial aid including:



Who is the Dream Application for?

The California Dream Act Application is for STUDENTS WHO MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS OF AB 540.


What is AB 540, and how do I obtain AB 540 status?


*If you graduated early from high school under this provision, you must also have attended elementary or secondary school in CA for a cumulative total of three or more years.


How do I apply for financial aid under the California Dream Act?

The CA Dream Act Application is used by undocumented students who meet the eligibility requirements of AB 540. The application can be found at . The California Student Aid Commission processes the application and any aid received can only be used at eligible California public or private institutions.


For more information regarding California Dream Act

Contact the California Student Aid Commission at 1-888-224-7268

California Dream Act FAQs  

To monitor and manage your account, visit Webgrants for Students


Other Links

Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC)


Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)