Meditation and Reflection Space
American River College has designated a quiet space where students can meditate, reflect, or pray. This space is designed to support an inclusive environment, focused on the wellness of the mind, body, and soul. This project was student driven and included the leadership of the Muslim Student Association and the Associated Student Body working in conjunction with the college administration. The room is located inside the Student Center within the Center for Leadership and Development (CL&D). This room can be reserved by any current student, staff, or faculty at American River College by visiting the CL&D.
- Reservations can be made at the CL&D front counter.
- The room can be reserved for 30 minute increments. If you are late by 15 minutes, your scheduled appointment will be forfeited and you will be invited to book another appointment.
- Between 12pm - 2pm, the room may be reserved in 15 minute increments. During these hours, the room may be reserved in small groups of no more than four individuals at one time.
Room Use Guidelines:
- No food or beverages are permitted in the room.
- If you use room supplies or move furniture, please return all items to their original location.
- Please leave the room in the best condition possible.
- Do not remove any items from the room.
- No candles, burning oils, incense or any other flammable items are permitted.
- You are welcome to use your phone for reflection, meditation, prayer, or emergency purposes. Please be mindful of volume levels in the room.
- No posters, signs, or other displays are to be placed permanently inside or outside the room at any time.
- Please be mindful of how you use this space for reflection, meditation, and prayer purposes only.
Headspace is meditation made simple. Learn online, when you want, wherever you are, in just 10 minutes a day. Headspace is your very own personal trainer, here to help you train your mind. You can even fit us in your pocket with our FREE app. www.headspace.com
- Insight Timer - Meditation Timer
Imagine the sound of beautiful Tibetan singing bowls, your attention focused inward gently and peacefully guiding you through your free guided meditations. If you're new to meditation, you'll find introductory guided mediations and a supportive community to help you get started. Download the FREE app. www.insighttimer.com
A portable stress management tool which provides detailed information on the effects of stress on the body and instructions and practice exercises to help users learn the stress management skill called diaphragmatic breathing. Breathing exercises have been documented to decrease the body's 'fight-or-flight' (stress). Download the FREE app.
ARC is not responsible for any lost items left behind.
Any concerns regarding use of this space will be referred to Equity Programs and Pathways Leadership.
For more information, please contact the
Center for Leadership & Development (CL&D)