Center for Leadership & Development Posting Rules
The Center for Leadership & Development (CLD )approves the posting of flyers and signs throughout campus. Material must be stamped, initialed and brought to the Center for Leadership & Development before posting.
ARC Policy on Posting of Material
CLD Posting Policy (Print PDF)
It is the purpose and policy of the following rules and regulations of American River College to provide uniform guidelines for campus-wide standards in posting publicity material.
All posters must be stamped "Approved for Posting" by the Center for Leadership & Development.
All publicity must be written in English, legibly and grammatically correct. Exceptions would include clubs with foreign language and culture emphasis in which case an English translation would be required.
1. No publicity will contain material which is obscene, libelous, or slanderous, as well as racially slanderous through language or intent.
All materials to be posted must specifically state:
1. The type of activity
2. The time, date, and location of activity
3. The sponsoring individual, club, organization or department
ALL PUBLICITY MUST BE POSTED ON THE POSTING BOARDS ONLY. POSTERS ARE NOT TO BE PLACED ON DAVIES HALL; RAEF HALL; ROSE MARKS SQUARE; PAVILLION OR BOETTCHER LIBRARY; (memorial structures);THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING OR COUNSELING CENTER
Campus Events are instructional and/or extra-curricular activities, programs or functions sponsored by staff, campus student functions sponsored by staff, campus student organizations, and/or ARC community service. A maximum of 12 posters and no larger than 11"x14" may be posted for each event in the following areas only: In support of campus instructional programs, publicity material for courses listed in the ARC catalogue may exceed the Policy on Posting of Publicity Materials except instructors must follow the regulations in this section (Section: Location), and approval section (Section: Approval).
Community Events are local, cultural, and/or educational programs outside the campus sponsorship. A maximum of 4 posters, no larger than 18"x24" may be posted for each event in the following areas only:
1. Campus Bulletin Boards Faculty Bulletin Boards are located in faculty office area: Individual faculty member(s)have supervision of respective boards. Materials are displayed there only by permission of respective faculty in accordance with Education Code 76120.
Administrative/Instruction/Student Service Area Bulletin Boards: Each area has supervisor of respective boards material displayed upon permission of respective administration or department head in accordance with Education Code 76120.
Wooden Kiosk-Outdoors in front of Student Services Building-NOT the triangular directory; CAFETERIA; DAVIES HALL (1st floor), BULLETIN BOARDS are under the supervision of the Center for Leadership & Development
2. Publicity shall be posted no earlier than 10 instructional days preceding the activity/event.
3. All publicity posters must be attached to surface with push pins only. No transparent tape or glue material shall be used.
4. All publicity must be removed by the organizing group by 4PM on the day following the event.
5. Any items found posted contrary to the above rules will be removed.
6. By-laws of the Student association.
7. Public Election Candidates: 2 posters, no larger than 18"x24" may be posted on the red Brick surfaces of the Centrex Building only. Transparent tape or glue material shall be used.