Center for Leadership & Development Posting Rules
Guidelines on Posting of Publicity Materials
It is the purpose of this document to provide uniform guidelines for campus-wide standards in posting publicity material.
All posters must be stamped for approval by the Center for Leadership & Development (office located in the Student Center). Please allow appropriate time for approval of materials.
- All publicity must be written in English, legibly and grammatically correct. Exceptions would include clubs with foreign language and cultural emphasis in which case an English translation would be required.
- No publicity will contain materials which are obscene, libelous or slanderous, as well as racially slanderous through language or intent.
- Publicity shall be posted no earlier than 10 instructional days preceding the activity/event. All publicity must be removed by the organizing group by 4pm on the day following the event.
- All materials to be posted must specifically sate:
- The type of activity
- The time, date, and location of activity
- The sponsoring individual, club, organization, or department
Materials may be posted on bulletin boards in the Liberal Arts, Learning Resource Center, Student Center, and Science areas. Posting to walls and windows is discouraged because of the effect of tape residue on facilities. No glue material shall be used.
Campus events are instructional and/or extracurricular activities, programs or functions sponsored by staff, campus student organizations and/or ARC community service. A maximum of 12 (we only allow 12) posters, no larger than 18"x24", may be posted each event.
Community events are local cultural and/or educational programs outside the campus' sponsorship. A maximum of 4 posters, no larger than 18"x24", may be posted for each event.
Student Association election publicity will follow the guidelines established in the By-Laws of the Student Association.
Faculty Bulletin Boards
Individual faculty members have supervision of respective boards. Materials are displayed there only by permission of respective faculty in accordance with Education Code 76120.
Contact the Center for Leadership & Development (office located in the Student Center)
Any items found posted contrary to the above rules will be removed.