Center for Leadership & Development Posting Rules
Guidelines on Posting of Publicity Materials
The following guidelines are established with the purpose of providing uniform rules for campus-wide standards in posting publicity material. These guidelines are designed to also help maintain the aesthetics of our facilities.
All posters must be stamped for approval by the Center for Leadership & Development (office located in the Student Center). Please allow appropriate time for approval of materials.
- All publicity must be written in English, legibly and grammatically correct. Exceptions would include clubs with foreign language and cultural emphasis in which case an English translation would be required.
- No publicity may contain materials which are obscene, libelous or slanderous, as well as racially slanderous, through language or intent.
- Publicity shall be posted no earlier than 10 instructional days preceding the activity/event. All publicity must be removed by the organizing group by 4pm on the day following the event.
- Non-dated information may be posted no more than 30 days.
- All materials to be posted must specifically state:
- The type of activity
- The time, date, and location of the activity
- The sponsoring individual, club, organization, or department
Approved materials may be posted on bulletin boards in the Learning Resource Center, Student Center, and Science areas. Posting to walls and windows is discouraged because of the effect of tape residue on facilities. No glue material shall be used.
Campus events are instructional and/or extracurricular activities, programs or functions sponsored by staff, campus student organizations and/or ARC community service. A maximum of 12 posters or flyers, no larger than 18"x24", may be posted for each event.
Community events are local cultural and/or educational programs outside the campus' sponsorship. A maximum of 4 posters or flyers, no larger than 18"x24", may be posted for each event.
Student Association election publicity will follow the guidelines established in the By-Laws of the Student Association.
Faculty Bulletin Boards
Individual faculty members have supervision of respective boards. Materials are displayed there only by permission of respective faculty in accordance with Education Code 76120.
Contact the Center for Leadership & Development (office located in the Student Center)
Any items found posted contrary to the above rules will be removed.