When Do I See a Counselor?
You are welcome to see a counselor as often as you like and we encourage you to do so at least once a semester. Specifically, a counselor's assistance would be appropriate given any of the following needs:
- When you need help in determining what your academic, career or personal goals are.
- Educational planning.
- Evaluating courses taken at another college.
- Overcoming barriers to achieving you goals.
- If you are having any difficulty in your courses or are on academic probation/dismissal.
- To petition for graduation. The deadline to petition for graduation is generally the fifth Friday in the semester. You will need to make an appointment with a counselor to fill out the paperwork together and sign the petition before submitting it. Keep in mind we usually schedule appointments two weeks in advance so don't wait until the last minute!
You can see a counselor as often as you would like. The counselor can refer you to campus resources such as the Learning Resources Center, the Tutorial Center, the Transfer Center, the Career Job Opportunity Center, Internship Center, etc.