When Do I See a Counselor?
If you are currently attending ARC, you are welcome to see a counselor as often as you like and we encourage you to do so at least once a semester. Specifically, a counselor's assistance would be appropriate given any of the following needs.
- When you need help in determining what your academic, career or personal goals are.
- Educational planning.
- Evaluating courses taken at another college.
- Overcoming barriers to achieving your goals.
- If you are having any difficulty in your courses or you have been placed on academic probation or dismissal.
- To petition for graduation. You will need to make an appointment with a counselor to complete the paperwork together and sign the petition before submitting it. Keep in mind we usually schedule appointments one week in advance so please schedule your appointment well ahead of the deadline!