Appointments & Drop-in Counseling
Appointments Scheduled Online:
You can now schedule an appointment online one week from the current day. Appointments are located in the Counseling Center on campus at American River College. Simply click the link below to schedule your counseling appointment. New appointments are added daily, click here to access the online scheduling page.
Pre-Scheduled Counseling Appointments:
Appointments for the following week are scheduled daily. If you would like to make a pre-scheduled appointment to see a counselor, please stop by the Counseling Center on Fridays or call (916) 484-8572 starting at 7:30 a.m. Call or arrive early, appointments are scheduled starting at 7:30 a.m. daily, and continue to be scheduled until full. Please note the following:
- Business Hours: Mondays thru Thursdays: 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Fridays: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- All full-time counselors attend staff meetings from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesdays during the fall and spring semesters (non-peak). Counseling services are limited during this time.
- During the first week of fall and spring semesters (peak enrollment), counselors are available for same day drop-in appointments or waitlist drop-in counseling services only (see below).
- All counseling appointments require a valid LRCCD student ID number and current application on file.
Same Day Counseling Appointments:
In addition to pre-scheduled appointments, the Counseling Center offers same day appointment services. Same day appintments are set aside throughout the day. Students will know exactly when to be at the Counseling Center to meet with a counselor. These appointments fill quickly each day, students are advised to call or arrive early to secure a same day appointment.
- Same day drop-in counseling appointments are scheduled until filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Students may make them in person or by calling the Counseling Center Monday thru Friday beginning at 7:30 a.m.
- The ability to schedule students for a same day drop-in appointment is based on the number of counselors available and the number of same day appointment slots open on a given day.
- Once an appointment is scheduled, students should arrive at the Counseling Center at least 10 minutes prior to their same day drop-in appointment to check-in. Students not checked in within five minutes of their scheduled appointment time will not be seen and the appointment will be offered to students on the drop-in waitlist (see below).
The Counseling Center also offers students the opportunity to be added to the drop-in waitlist to see a counselor. Students are seen from the drop-in waitlist in the order received. Students requiring a one hour appointment (i.e. outside transcript evaluation, Veteran educational plan, and academic dismissal) are an exception and may experience a longer wait time due to counselor schedule availability.
The Counseling Center also offers a limited number of distance counseling appointments. Students can enjoy the convenience of web-based counseling from their home, office or anywhere that they have an internet connection and a webcam.