Appointments & Drop-in Counseling
If you would like to schedule an appointment to see a counselor, please stop by the Counseling Center or call (916) 484-8572. Please note the following:
- Business Hours: Mondays through Thursdays: 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Fridays: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- During the regular academic year and during non-peak enrollment times, appointments are available Monday through Thursday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. and Friday are drop-ins only.
- During peak enrollment times and summer sessions, appointments are available Monday through Wednesday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. and Thursday and Friday are set aside for drop-in counseling only.
- Appointments are scheduled two weeks in advance. Please stop by or call the Counseling Center at (916) 484-8572 to schedule an appointment for the week we are booking. Appointments fill up fast so please call early for the best choice of days and times.
- Currently appointments are not made online.
- During peak enrollment periods, just before the start of each new semester and during the first week of each new semester, the Counseling Center will not make any appointments, and students will be seen on a drop-in basis only (please see below for drop-in information).
During the regular academic year, drop-in counseling is available on a limited basis Monday through Thursday and Fridays are drop-in only. During the summer and other peak times, drop-in counseling is available on a limited basis Monday through Wednesday, while Thursday and Friday are drop-in only. During peak enrollment periods, just before the start of each new semester and during the first week of each new semester all counseling services are handled on a drop-in basis only during the Counseling Center's regular business hours. If you prefer to see a counselor on a drop-in basis, or come on a day when only drop-in counseling is available, please keep this in mind:
- Drop-ins are handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students must be present to be placed on the drop-in list.
- The ability to serve students on the "drop-in" list is based on the number of counselors available. Because of this, students who arrive later in the day may or may not be accommodated.
- During peak enrollment periods and high demand times, the wait time to see a counselor is typically one hour or longer. Please be sure to allow sufficient wait time for your visit.
- Once added to the drop-in list, it is the responsibility of the student to monitor their number on the list.
- If your name is added to the drop-in list and you are not present when your name is called, your name will be removed from the list.