1. What do I do if I am not able to obtain my high school class schedule?
All students requesting classes for Fall and Spring must provide a printed high school schedule for the semester you are requesting classes. If your high school does not have your schedule, we will accept a printed copy of your high school class request list, or a typed list of your potential classes signed by your high school counselor or administrator with his/her business card.
2. What do I need to submit in my Packet?
All students (including continuing Advanced Education students) must submit ALL of the following items to the Advanced Education dropbox located in in the Counseling Center or upload them and email to AdvancedEd@arc.losrios.edu.
- The completed Advanced Education form with the courses filled in by your high school counselor/administrator and signatures from you, your parent/guardians, and your high school counselor/administrator.
- A typed statement indicating why you wish to take classes at ARC and how you qualify for the courses you want to take (this statement will be used in determining your approval).
- English assessment test. Take this assessment test before meeting with your high school counselor in order for them to better advise you. You only need to take the Math assessment test when requesting to take a math class.
- A copy of your high school transcript.
- A printed copy of your high school schedule for the semester you wish to take classes at ARC (not required for summer school).
- Documentation of proof of age (if age is not reflected on high school transcript).
- An unofficial copy of your college transcript (continuing Advanced Education students only).
- A copy of the completion page from the online orientation.
- A copy of the private school affidavit, if you are home schooled.
*You may want to keep copies of all of the above documents for future use.
3. I am a continuing Advanced Education student, do I still need to submit all of the REQUIRED documentation?
Yes! ALL students are required to submit ALL of the documentation listed above. If you do not have copies of your English or math assessments then the assessment center located in the west wing of the Student Services building can reprint it for you, or you can print your results from your E-Services page. If you do not submit all of the required documentation listed above your Advanced Education packet will be considered incomplete and you will be sent an email informing you of what you are missing and how to resubmit your Advanced Education packet.
4. Will an ARC counselor help me choose the classes I should enroll in?
No. The courses you request must be filled in by your high school counselor, and will not be changed or amended by an ARC counselor. Your high school counselor can best advise on classes to take while in high school.
5. Does everyone have to take the English assessment test?
A. ADVANCED ED STUDENTS MUST ASSESS FOR MATH IF THEY PLAN TO TAKE ANY ARC MATH CLASS.
B. ADVANCED ED STUDENTS MUST ASSESS FOR ENGLISH IF THEY PLAN TO TAKE ANY ARC CLASS THAT LISTS ANY ENGLISH ADVISORY OR ENGLISH PREREQUISITE.
C. ADVANCED ED STUDENTS DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE EITHER ASSESSMENT TEST IF THEY ARE NOT TAKING A MATH CLASS AND NOT TAKING ANY CLASS THAT LISTS ENGLISH ADVISORIES AND/OR ENGLISH PREREQUISITES.
6. Does everyone have to take the math assessment test?
No. Only students requesting a math class need to take the math assessment test.
7. I am an Advanced Education student taking college classes this semester. Do I need to submit my college transcripts even though there won't be actual grades on it?
Yes. You must submit a college transcript if you are currently taking college classes even though your transcript may not have any grades on it.
8. I want to take classes in the summer and fall; do I need two Advanced Education packets?
Yes. If you want to be considered to take summer and fall classes, you need to bring TWO separate Advanced Education packets each containing copies of the documents outlined in FAQ #2. The packet for summer should have the classes you are requesting for summer and the fall packet should list the classes you are requesting for fall. Also, your typed statement should be different for each semester and should reflect the classes you are requesting for that semester.
9. How long will the Advanced Education Pick-up session last?
The Advanced Education Pick-up session will last approximately 30 minutes.
10. How do I get a copy of my English or math assessment results?
Go the assessment center located in the west wing of the Student Services building to request a copy of your assessment results. The assessment center is open Mon, Th, Fri 8am-5pm and Tu, Wed 8am-7pm. You can also print your assessment score from your E-Services page by selecting the Steps to Success tab.
12. I know that Advanced Education students must enroll for classes in-person at eservices or Enrollment Services, but do I need to sign-up for classes myself, or can someone enroll in my classes for me?
All Advanced Education students must enroll for their approved classes IN-PERSON, no one else can enroll you in your classes.
13. Where do I submit my Advanced Education Packet?
You have two options to submit your Advanced Education packet. If you do not know how to attach/scan or upload your documents, please use option one.
OPTION 1. You can drop off all required documents (in a packet) to the Counseling Center Advanced Education drop box on the main campus.
OPTION 2. You can scan/upload or attach your documents and email them to AdvancedEd@arc.losrios.edu (same dates and deadlines apply).
Any other questions can be emailed to AdvancedEd@arc.losrios.edu