Advanced Education Eligibility
If you are a high school student you may be eligible to enroll in up to two college courses each semester as an advanced education student if:
- You have completed the 10th grade or be 16 years old by the first day of instruction;
- You demonstrate exemplary academic achievement as evidenced by a GPA of 2.7 or above, an analysis of transcripts, assessment results, letters of support from high school counselors and teachers and/or other academic success indicators;
- The course you want to take is not available to you at your school;
- The course is not remedial (1-99 classes);
- The course is not being repeated due to an unsatisfactory grade;
- The course is for advanced study and you are able to demonstrate adequate preparation and completed pre-requisites for the course.
Before you register for classes, you must complete an "Advanced Education" Admission Packet. Please click here to view the printable advanced education packet instructions and checklist.
You must follow these steps EVERY semester that you wish to register in classes as an advanced education student.