Advanced Education Eligibility
If you are a high school student you may be eligible to enroll in up to two college courses each semester as an advanced education student if:
- You have completed the 10th grade or be 16 years old by the first day of instruction;
- You demonstrate exemplary academic achievement as evidenced by a GPA of 2.7 or above, an analysis of transcripts, assessment results, letters of support from high school counselors and teachers and/or other academic success indicators;
- The course you want to take is not available to you at your school;
- The course is not remedial (1-99 classes);
- The course is not being repeated due to an unsatisfactory grade;
- The course is for advanced study and you are able to demonstrate adequate preparation and completed pre-requisites for the course.
Before you register for classes, you must complete an "Advanced Education" Admission Packet. See the Advanced Education Home Page for additional information.