Get To Know Us
The mutual goal of both faculty and the Career Center is student success. By working together, faculty Career Center personnel can ensure the transition from student to employee.
Following are some additional services ARC's Career Center Offers:
- We help your students find the right fit - We help students determine the right career for their interests, career goals, skills, values, and personality. During their academic careers, students return to career services to develop essential job-search skills. We are a student's best resource for job outlook, salary, and employment trend information.
- We know employers who want to know you - At the Career Center, we work directly with employers, who often ask for the contact information of faculty members who could help them to target students in a particular major or discipline. Ideally, employers would like to develop mutually beneficial relationships with faculty, and can provide many forms of support. We can facilitate that connection between faculty and employers.
- Our career fairs attract many recruiters to one event - Our career fairs provide excellent opportunities for your students to meet representatives from the companies in their industries of choice and establish a network of contacts. We will help your students research the employers beforehand and provide tips so they are prepared to effectively engage recruiters.
- We help students master the job interview - There is no better way to prepare for the job interview than by experiencing an "actual" interview. At the Career Center, our staff will conduct mock interviews with your students, and then provide a constructive critique of their performance and effective interview strategies [http://www.perfectinterview.com/edu].
- We'll bring the information to your class - We specialize in conducting presentations to the classes you teach and the student organizations you advise about a host of career-related topics, such as resume writing, job-search strategies, and interviewing skills. In addition, we conduct presentations to give students an overview of our services and how to link their experiences to future careers.
- We assist in identifying quality experiential education opportunities - Experiential education is such an important part of your students' overall educational experience. Just ask any employer. Through our network of employers, we can help your students identify internship and cooperative education opportunities that will best serve them in their academic and professional pursuits.
Please call the Career Center (916-484-8492) to determine how working together, we can achieve student success. We look forward to working with you.