- ARC HOME >
- ABOUT ARC
- SUPPORT SERVICES
- ATHLETICS >
American River College CalWORKs Support Services
CalWORKs Support Services is here to assist you with a range of high quality support services that facilitate completion of your educational goals, seek meaningful employment, and successfully transition into the workforce.
Who is eligible for ARC's CalWORKs Support Services?
• TANF recipients who are receiving cash aid and have or are developing a welfare-to-work (WTW) plan that refers them to the college for education and training.
• Self-Initiated Program (SIP) participants.
• Exempt TANF recipients who have an education plan with clear goals for completion.
NOTE: Proof of eligibility must be provided each semester!
Service Eligibility Guidelines
• Services cannot be provided without a current Eligibility Verification Form on file.
• This form must be completed each semester by all ARC CalWORKs students (one form per student).
• For the fall semester, the form must be signed and stamped in the month of August for classes that start in August.
• For the spring semester, the form must be signed and stamped in the month of January for classes that start in January.
• For summer, the form must be signed and stamped in the month of June for classes that start in June.
• For late starting classes, the form must be signed and stamped in the same month for which service are sought - services cannot be provided retroactively.
How do I sign up for CalWORKs Support Services at American River College?
• Have your worker complete the attached ARC CalWORKs Eligibility Verification Form.
• Attend an ARC CalWORKs intake (see intake calendar).
• Meet with an ARC CalWORKs counselor to develop an education plan.
For more information, stop by the CalWORKs Support Services Office located in the Student Services Building or call 916. 484-8059.