Frequently Asked CAST Questions
I have an emergency situation. Is a CAST referral appropriate?
If you are currently in an emergency situation, call (916) 558-2221, and press 0 to reach a campus police dispatcher. Return to this webpage when the situation has stabilized.
How do I make a referral to the CAST?
Please click the CAST Referral Form tab to the left of this page to begin.
What happens when I make a referral?
- When a referral is made, the CAST members will receive a campus email
- The CAST members will meet urgently for referrals that require an urgent response; otherwise they will meet weekly
- Additional information may be collected from the referring party or others
- The NaBITA Threat Assessment Tool will be adopted
- An appropriate intervention plan will be determined and action will be taken
- Feedback will be provided to the referring party, as appropriate and consistent with Los Rios Policies and state and federal regulations
What are the advantages of filing a report?
- The situation will be investigated
- Support will be provided to the student and referring party
- Inappropriate behavior will be addressed
- Immediate threats will result in immediate action
- Referrals provide valuable information to ARC regarding the health and safety of our campus
How will I know the referral is received?
You will receive an email from the CAST. You will also be able to track the status of your referral.
Will I know the outcome of the referral?
Yes, within the limitations of Los Rios policy and state and federal regulations.