Tutor's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why Become a Beacon Tutor?
- To share your knowledge with other students and help them get better grades.
- To learn the subject better.
- To develop greater self-confidence and learn how to manage a group.
- To add work experience to your resume.
- To make new friends.
- To earn money!
Your job as a tutor will require three hours per week as follows:
- Meet with your group two hours each week.
- Meet with your instructor for half an hour each week. A combination of face-to-face and email correspondence is acceptable.
- Spend half an hour each week preparing for your session.
Interested? What's Next?
- Received an A or B in the course you want to tutor at ARC.
- Ask your instructor if he or she would like to have a Beacon tutor.
- Enroll in INDIS 321: Introduction to Group Tutoring (1-unit, 8-week course consisting of online assignments and 4 class meetings).
fall 2013 schedule:
September 6, 13, 20 and 27
- Attend the mandatory orientation:
Friday, August 30, 2013
Learning Resource Center, room 104.
- Enroll in a minimum of six units at ARC.