Become a Beacon Tutor
Why become a Beacon Tutor?
· To share your knowledge with other students and help them get better grades.
· To learn the subject better.
· To develop greater self-confidence and learn how to lead a group.
· To add work experience to your resume.
· To make new friends.
Are tutors paid?
· Yes! Tutors are Student Help employees and are paid minimum wage.
How many hours do tutors work?
· It depends on the course unit and term length. The majority of the groups will
meet 2-3 hours per week outside of class.
Here are the requirements:
· Received a grade of "B" or better in the course being tutored
· Approval from an ARC professor to become his/her Beacon Tutor
· Enrolled in LRC 310: Introduction to Group Tutoring (1-unit, first 8-week hybrid course)
· Enrolled in a minimum of six units at ARC
· Maintain a minimum overall 3.0 GPA
Interested?...here are the next steps:
1. After you speak with your instructor to be the Beacon Tutor, enroll in LRC 310.
Note: Tutors conduct sessions while concurrently enrolled in LRC 310 their first semester.
2. Complete employment paperwork; hiring packets available at the Beacon front desk.
3. Attend the mandatory orientation (first day of class).
Friday, January 25, 2019, 2:00-3:20pm, LRC 104.