American River College CalWORKs Program works together with the student services programs, county department of human assistance, and other community agencies to promote self-sufficiency and life long learning.
Services Offered Include...
- Advocacy and support from staff who are familiar with the CalWORKs policies and requirements
- Academic and Career counseling with a CalWORKs counselor
- Work Study opportunities
- Career preparation assistance
- Assistance working with your county worker on related educational costs, such as child care, books, supplie and transportation
- On-site county representative (by appointment only)
- Information and referrals to student support service programs, including tutoring.
- Priority registration (with certain exceptions)
The above are just some of the services offered through CalWORKs Support Services.
To begin receiving CalWORKs Support Services, you will need to attend a ninety minute CalWORKs Intake. The required intake maps out how we can contribute to your education and success at American River College.