Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial Aid is available to students participating in the Study Abroad Program. Students who qualify may be eligible for grants, loans, and scholarships.
There are additional fees associated with studying abroad. We encourage students to start planning early and budget for your semester abroad. Visit the Financial Aid website to get more information on budgeting and financial planning.
American Institute For Foreign Study (AIFS) Partnerships are committed to ensuring the safety and security of our program participants.Our programs include:
- 24-hour emergency service in the U.S. and abroad
- Comprehensive insurance/assistance package that includes medical coverage abroad, program cancellation/interruption insurance and baggage coverage
- Financial security - a unique policy that protects every student's payment and guarantees he or she will receive the services included in the program
STEPS TO STUDY ABROAD
STEP 1: COMPLETE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID:
- You may be eligible to have your enrollment fees waived by completing a Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for grants and loans.
STEP 2: MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH AN ADVISOR
Make an appointment with a Financial Aid Study Abroad Advisor at the Los Rios Community College District Campus (ARC, CRC, FLC, or SCC) from which you will graduate or transfer.
American River College:
Stephanie Tran, Financial Aid Officer, 916-484-8081
Cosumnes River College:
Phuong Le, Financial Aid Officer, 916-691-7421
Folsom Lake College:
Irina Randak, Financial Aid Officer, 916-608-6714
Sacramento City College:
Debbie Iwamasa, Financial Aid Officer, 916-558-2353
FINANCIAL AID OPPORTUNITIES
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships and Grants offer a limited number of $500 Ambassador scholarships and $1000 Opportunity scholarships. Please see your study abroad coordinator for information on how to apply. (Email Kale BRaden at StudyAbroad@losrios.edu .)
The Benjamin Gilman Scholarship offers a competition for awards for study abroad for students who are receiving federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university. Award amounts vary, but can range up to $5,000. Gilman scholarships require an approved "Follow On" project that must be approved by the Los Rios Study Abroad Managing Director, Kale Braden.
California Colleges for International Education Student Scholarship is a consortium dedicated to the ideal of increasing international understanding through education.
ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP & FINANCIAL AID OPPORTUNITIES
- Center for Global Education
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- FinAid Scholarship
- Institute of International Education
- International Education Financial Aid
- Scholarship Search
- Study Abroad Loans