Course Curricula and SLOs
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
- Apply the scientific method: define problems clearly, develop testable hypotheses, design and execute appropriate experiments, analyze data, and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the scientific terminology and the principle concepts of chemistry.
- Demonstrate content knowledge, laboratory skills, and study skills to be successful at a 4-year institution.
- Collect and analyze data using appropriate laboratory skills and instrumentation.
- Retrieve and critically evaluate technical information from the scientific literature.
- Understand and apply the concepts of safe laboratory practices and responsible chemical disposal.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook and prepare well-organized scientific reports
- Work effectively in groups, as leaders or team members, to solve problems and interact productively with a diverse group of peers.
- Take responsibility for and be aware of the role of chemistry in contemporary societal and global issues.
Course Curricula and Course Level SLOs