Become an NLRC Peer Tutor
Peer tutors provide tutoring for many lower level and some upper level division courses. Tutors coach students in their understanding and skills in the subject, helping them to succeed on their own after the tutoring session. The Natomas LRC is currently accepting applications for MATH peer tutors.
To be a paid student tutor at ARC Natomas Center,
- you must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at ARC (courses taken at other Los Rios colleges DO NOT count).
- you need to make arrangements to enroll in INDIS 320 during or prior the semester when you start tutoring.
- you must have earned a grade of "B" or better in the course you plan to tutor.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
- concurrent enrollment in or previous completion of INDIS 320 (Intro to Tutor Training)
- letter of recommendation from content instructor.
Benefits of being a peer tutor:
- As a tutor, you are an employee of the campus, and the pay rate for peer tutors (student help employees) is $8.75/hr.
- You will learn the subject matter better.
- You will gain tutoring/training experience.
How to apply for being an ARC Natomas LRC tutor:
- Fill out the online application found here.
- Email the Natomas LRC (email@example.com) with a letter of interest, and be prepared to submit the following: resume, letter of recommendation from content ARC instructor, course transcripts.