Natomas LRC General Use Information
You must be a currently enrolled ARC student to use the services provided by the Natomas LRC!
- LOG IN: The Student Access Card is the official ARC and Los Rios student identification card and the only form of identification accepted to register to the LRC. No other form of identification will be accepted. The Student Access cards are the official college student identification cards at ARC and Los Rios. The card identifies that you are a currently enrolled ARC student and it is also necessary to print, make copies, and check-out DVDs, VHS, and headphones at the LRC. For more information on the Student Access Card, go here. If you do not have a Student Access Card, you may get one for FREE at the Natomas Main Counter.
- COMPUTER USE: The Natomas LRC has 45 computers open to student use during regular hours of operation. You may use the computing, networking, and information resources in the LRC for academic and instructional purposes only and you must obey the Natomas LRC Computer Ethics Code, the Los Rios Computer Use Policies, as well as the U.S. Copyright laws and license agreements. Copying software is illegal.
- ENVIRONMENT: The Natomas LRC is considered an instructional classroom and a quiet learning environment. Because studying, tutoring and other modes of instruction are taking place inside the LRC, the following are not allowed: cell phone use, food, drinks and children.
- PRINTING: The ONLY way you can print in the NLRC is by using your Student Access Card. Money can be loaded into your card using cash bills or change only. The cost is 10 cents per page for Black/White printing.
- SCANNING: The scanner is located next to the print station in the NLRC, and you can scan your documents for free. However, please bring in a thumb drive or other storing device as your documents WILL NOT be saved on the NLRC computers.
- COPYING: The Natomas Center has a coin operated copier on the hallway, next to the vending machine.
- OTHER EQUIPMENT: You may check-out headphones for DVD, VHS, listening to foreign language classes, or music appreciation classes. Please note that we have a limited supply of headphones and may run out from time to time. We encourage you to consider bringing your own headphones or earbuds. We will check-out the headphones to you by scanning your Student Access card only.
- STUDY ROOMS: There are 2 study rooms in the back of the Natomas LRC furnished with tables and chairs, as well as white boards. These rooms are primarily used for tutoring, conferences, instructor-requested activities, etc. If no other activity is occurring at a certain time in the study rooms, students may use them for group or individual studying. For the complete policy on the use of the LRC Study rooms, please go here.