Faculty & Staff Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to know about the LRC and the Computer Lab?
- The LRC provides supplemental instruction and academic support to ARC enrolled students. The LRC is considered an instructional classroom and a quiet learning environment. Because studying, tutoring and other modes of instruction are taking place inside the LRC, and in order to maintain a pleasant learning environment, we ask everyone to observe the following LRC policies while receiving services Printable Copy of LRC Policies You may also review the information from the Office of Student Conduct
How can I make courseware available to my students at the LRC Computer Lab?
- Please bring your DVDs, videos or software to the LRC main counter (first counter on the left-hand side upon entering the building) and ask to speak to one of our permanent IT or IA staff to assist you. You may also contact us at (916) 484-8693 with any questions.
Could I request that specific software or programs get uploaded to the LRC computers for my students?
- Yes, please contact a permanent staff member (IT or an IA) at the LRC main counter for more information and to make arrangements to upload your software or programs. Click here for a list of LRC software and programs available. You may call us at (916) 484-8693 for more information.
NOTE: We are not able to purchase hardware or software for specific instructional areas. We rely on the individual departments to provide us with the specialized tools needed to support ARC enrolled students. We would also ask that you provide the software licensing information and a brief training to the LRC IT and IA staff regarding the use of your software and any special instructions you would like your students to receive when using the software or programs for your courses in the LRC.
Can I reserve room 104 to do an orientation, workshop, exam, or training for my students?
- Yes, please check the Rm 104 tab for information and availability of the room. Follow the instructions to make the reservation request for the room, including using the Chrome browser to complete the forms. We ask for your patience in receiving a confirmation notice for your requests, within 1-2 business days.
What do students need to do to use the LRC's Computer Lab?
- They will need to register once per term at the LRC Main counter to use the computer lab once per term using their Student Access Card. No other form of identification will be accepted. The Student Access Cards are also necessary to check-in for tutoring, to print, to make copies, and to check-out DVDs, videos and headphones at the LRC.
Can I see how many hours my students have spent in the LRC Computer Lab?
- Yes, you can view the total hours students have spent in the open computer lab area during the current term. Please contact a permanent LRC staff person at (916) 484-8693. We will give you instructions and information to check your student hours.
How do I get more information about the tutoring services available to students in the LRC?
Can the LRC support my students in other ways?
- Yes, we welcome your questions, ideas, and suggestions for ways the LRC can assist your students. Please contact the LRC Coordinator.
What other academic support services are available for students to succeed in their courses at ARC?
- Please review all the programs in the LRC (on this page, upper left side menu). You may also review all of the services offered at ARC for students' academic support.