Wednesday, May 16, 2018
ARC Beaver Stadium
Grads -- here are important things to remember:
- There is limited seating for guests and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Gates open at 6pm.
- Make sure to complete all your requirements, including the reading competency test, prior to the end of the spring semester.
- Diplomas will be mailed to your home 6 months from the end of the semester of award.
- If you are choosing to walk at graduation, you will be required to attend the graduation rehearsal. If you have a final during this time please contact the Enrollment Services Office at (916) 484-8261.
- Balloons or other items are not permitted in graduates' seating area as this may obstruct someone's view.
- Appropriate public behavior is expected and appreciated by all.
- Questions about the ceremony and other important items can be asked during the morning rehearsal.
Cap, gown & tassel are required
Purchase yours at the Beaver Bookstore. Bookstore hours are Monday-Thursday 7:45am-7:00pm and Friday 7:45am-3:45pm. Additional items that may be purchased at the bookstore (but are not required) include graduation announcements, diploma frames, and additional tassels.
Rehearsal is required for all graduates
The rehearsal will be held in the Stadium (8am). During this time you will be instructed on entering and exiting the stadium, receiving your diploma cover on the stage, and seating arrangements. Do not bring your cap and gown to the rehearsal. Rehearsal usually lasts no more than one hour.
If you are a student who has special needs (mobility challenges, hearing impaired, visually impaired), please notify our staff prior to the start of the rehearsal so that we can provide you with the appropriate seating accommodations. No other pre-determined seating arrangements are made.
Stadium gates will open to the public at 6pm. Seating for guests with special needs is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. No tickets are required for the outdoor ceremony. Guests will not be permitted in the graduates check-in area prior to the ceremony. No balloons are allowed (this can obstruct the view of other guests) and there is no tailgaiting.
Rainy Day Plan
In case of rain the ceremony will be held in the gym. Each graduate will be limited to 2 guests.
Professional photographers from Grad Images will be at the commencement ceremony to take pictures of all graduates as they cross the stage and receive the diploma cover. These photos are provided as a service to graduates and there is no obligation to purchase them.
In addition, the college will be taking photos during the ceremony. These photos will be shared online and on social media.