POLS 301 Online - Wait List Information
What is the waitlist?
- When a class is fully enrolled, you may choose to be placed on the waitlist (if it is not also already full).
- There is a limit to the number of units for which you can be waitlisted within the Los Rios Community College District. If you are on the waitlist for a class, you cannot enroll or waitlist in another section of the same class. Waitlists are not available after the first day instruction begins for that session.
If you are on the wait list:
- There is an automated process for adding students from the wait list until the first day of instruction.
- Your waitlist status may change throughout the enrollment period so monitor your status on a regular basis!
- For more on that process, you can go to the ARC's Counseling Waitlist Information & Tips page.
- No permission numbers are granted before the first day of instruction.
- Only students on the official Los Rios wait list will be provided permission numbers, based on their waitlist position number, if space in the class becomes available.
- No students will be permitted to enroll in the class after the first week of instruction.
How do you know if your wait list position number has come up and you have been given a permission number? Check your Los Rios Gmail!
- During the first week of class, if space becomes available due to student withdrawals and drops, you will receive an email message from me sent to your Los Rios Gmail account.
- That email will contain detailed instructions on how to enroll, including a six-digit permission number needed to add the class.
- If you receive an email message, you will be instructed to do the following:
- Enroll in the class via Los Rios eServices within the time specified in the email message. You must first drop the waitlisted course, and then enroll for the same course entering the permission number in the required box.
- Login to the class site on Canvas and complete the mandatory orientation by the due date and time specified in the email message.
- Failure to enroll in the class using the permission number and/or failure to complete the mandatory orientation by the due date and times stated in the email message will result in you NOT being allowed to enroll in the class or being dropped from the class.