POLS 301 Online - Mandatory Orientation
Spring Semester 2018
POLS 301 class sections 12557 and 10965
The first day of instruction for the semester is Saturday, January 13.
Enrolled students will have access to the class website on the first day of instruction.
A mandatory orientation must be completed by 11:59pm on Tuesday, January 16.
This class meets entirely online. All class sessions are held online, including the class orientation. Class content, required reading, assignments, and examinations are all accessed and submitted online. Students will interact with classmates and the professor online.
- Orientation for this online class occurs completely online within the class website in Canvas, a Los Rios course management system.
- The class website and orientation will become available at 12:01 am on Saturday, January 13, 2018, which is the first day of instruction for the spring semester.
- All enrolled students must complete the orientation by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 to guarantee their place in the class.
- Important! Failure to complete the orientation by the due date and time may result in you being dropped from the class as a "no show".
- If you have difficulty logging on to Canvas, accessing the class website, and/or completing any of the orientation tasks, you MUST email me (TabareT@arc.losrios.edu) before the due date and time listed above in order to avoid being automatically dropped.
- Plan at least 2 hours to complete all the requirements of the orientation, although you may finish in less time. You do not have to complete the entire orientation at once, as long as you complete all parts by the due date and time listed above.