POLS 301 Online - Mandatory Orientation
Fall Semester 2018
POLS 301 class sections 11190 and 12338.
The first day of instruction for the semester is Saturday, August 25.
All enrolled students will have access to the class website on the first day of instruction.
A mandatory orientation must be completed online by 11:59pm on Monday, August 27.
This class meets entirely online. All class sessions are held online, including the class orientation. Class content, required reading, assignments, and examinations are all accessed and submitted online. Students will interact with classmates and the professor online.
- Orientation for this online class occurs completely online within the class website in Canvas, the Los Rios course management system.
- The class website and orientation will become available at 12:01 am on Saturday, August 25, 2018, which is the first day of instruction for the spring semester.
- All students enrolled as of August 25 must complete the orientation by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Monday, August 27, 2018 to guarantee their place in the class.
- Important! Failure to complete the orientation by the specified due date and time may result in you being dropped from the class as a "no show".
- If you have difficulty logging on to Canvas, accessing the class website, and/or completing any of the orientation tasks, you MUST email me (TabareT@arc.losrios.edu) before the due date and time listed above in order to avoid being automatically dropped. You must also contact the Canvas Support for technical assistance.
- Plan at least 2 hours to complete all the requirements of the orientation, although you may finish in less time. You do not have to complete the entire orientation all at once, as long as you complete all parts by the due date and time listed above.