- ARC HOME >
- ABOUT ARC
- SUPPORT SERVICES
- ATHLETICS >
FUTURE CSU TRANSFER STUDENTS
Are you ready to take Beginning Algebra (Math 100) in Spring 2014?
Do you plan to take Statistics?
If so, you can complete Statistics in Fall 2014 with STATWAY.
STATWAY Informational Meetings
Monday, December 2, 12:30-1 p.m., Davies Hall Room 103
Thursday, December 5, 12:30-1 p.m., Liberal Arts Room 170
What is STATWAY?
· STATWAY is a two semester alternative to the traditional three semester sequence that would be required to complete Elementary Statistics.
· Each course is 6 units and taught at the ARC Main campus 4 days/week, Monday through Thursday, 80 minutes/day.
· Algebra and Statistics will be taught as an integrated course.
· Working with real world problems in cooperative group setting.
Who should consider STATWAY?
· Students who have successful completion of a college pre-algebra course (Math 32 or 39 or 42 or equivalent) or placement through the Los Rios assessment process.
· Appropriate for many majors such as those in Liberal Arts and Humanities.
Note: This is not for Science, Math, Engineering, Technology, Business, or any major requiring a specific math course other than Statistics. Allied Health majors should consult with a counselor.
· Future CSU transfer students (transferability to UC remains unresolved).
How do I get more information about enrolling in STATWAY?
· Attend one of the informational meetings REQUIRED for enrollment.
· Contact a STATWAY instructor or the Mathematics/Statistics Dean.
When can I enroll in STATWAY?
· Come to ONE of the informational meetings to get more information.
· Please bring your prerequisite information with you so that we can better serve you.