Mathematics Enrichment Program
The ARC Mathematics Enrichment Program is an intensive two-week program for highly motivated students who want to get a head start in their college career. The program, which takes place on the main ARC campus, emphasizes mathematics preparedness, development and enhancement of critical thinking skills and time-management skills. There is no charge for any of the program materials and no enrollment fees; the only cost will be for parking.
The program will run Monday through Thursday, June 5-15, from 8:30am to 1:00pm. Students will work daily with a mathematics faculty from 8:30-10:30am on problem solving skills and critical thinking skills. From 10:30am to 1:00pm students will work self-paced on strengthening their mathematics skills and ensuring preparedness for their fall semester mathematics courses and ACCUPLACER assessment success. Materials will be provided by faculty and tutors. Students are encouraged to pack a sack lunch. ELIGIBILITY
- Students newly admitted to American River College for Fall 2017 who have not taken the assessment test; or
- ARC students who have previously taken the COMPASS or ACCUPLACER assessment and are preparing to take the test again after a 30-day waiting period (A student may only retest one time, districtwide, after a 30-calendar-day waiting period) ; or
- Current ARC students enrolled in Math 25 through Math 100 who plan to continue at ARC for Fall 2017 and feel need a refresher before the semester starts. These students are not eligible for taking the assessment test and will attend the program solely for refreshing math skills.
- Enhance your analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Improve study habits, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Establish a supportive network of peers, staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Refresh mathematics skills to achieve proper course placement through the ACCUPLACER assessment.
Download an application and submit to Attn: Rocio Owens, Mathematics Department, American River College. Details are included in the application:
YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED NO LATER THAN MAY 30th of your admission and with the room details for the program. Thank you for applying. Applications will be reviewed and you will be notified via e-mail. If you apply after May 30th, please report to Portable 606 in the portable village at ARC on June 5th to speak to Rocio Owens directly.