PSYC 370 Syllabus
Psy 370 Class Syllabus General Information
- Buy and read the textbook!
In order to be successful in class, students need to buy the correct edition of the textbook (8th only) and read the assigned chapters of text before each class.
- In-class Exercises & Pop Quizzes:
Complete up to 8 pop quizzes including the Syllabus Quiz and/or In-Class Exercises
- Writing Project:
Write up to three chapters of an Autobiography based on theory and research.
- Exams Online:
Take up to 5 exams administered online via Canvas
- Arrive on Time:
Students will not be allowed to enter class once it has started:
- Coming to class is part of your grade!
- If students have more than three unexcused absences, they will be dropped from the class.
- Come to class on time!
- If a student arrives after the door is closed at the start of class, they will earn an unexcused absence.
- Do not knock on the door after class has started. I will not open the door.
- If you feel you have a valid reason for being late, please email me and we can discuss it further. It is up to the professor to determine valid excuses.
- I do not discuss why someone is late at the door. I will discuss it with the student after class.
- Do not open the door for late students.
- Why do you lock the door once class has started?
a. Students coming in late disrupt the class and the lecture: We only have two class meetings a week, and it's important to get the most out of each class section. Classes are hard to get into, and student fees are high, so it's important to get the most out of class.
b. To learn value and responsibility of being on time: Once you are a professional, it is important to be on time to work. For Example, if you are a nurse, and you arrive late to a shift, you will be inconveniencing a colleague, you may be fired, and you may be possibly endangering a patient.
c. Students coming late to class are not allowed to enter the classroom.
· The door locks when class starts and students may not enter if they arrive late to class.
· No exceptions.