Math 410 Course Description
This course provides an introduction to linear algebra including matrices, determinants, vector spaces, linear transformations, eignevectors and inner product spaces. It is intended for majors in mathematics, engineering, economics, science, and related fields. In this class, we will put particular emphasis on mathematical proof and cogent reasoning in addition to problem solving.
Math 410 Syllabus (Spring 2014)
The following two PDF documents were prepared by Phil Smith and he has allowed us to use these materials as review exercises in this course, but may not be used for any other purpose without permission.
Exam 1 (Fall 2011)
Exam 1 (Spring 2012)
Exam 2 (Fall 2011)
Exam 2 (Spring 2012)
Exam 3 (Fall 2011)
Exam 4 (Fall 2011)
Day1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Day 11-12, Day 13, Day 14, Day 15,
Day 29, Day 30
Homework Review Notes
Review 10 (Final Review)
Thanks to Scott McGown who provided the lecture notes and homework review notes for this page.
Review Problems (Final Exam)
Exams from Other Colleges and Universities
Linear Algebra Exams with Solutions
- Bates sample linear algebra exams. Math 205. Textbook: Lay or Strang. Large collection of exams sorted by topics. Most with solutions.
- Clark University linear algebra exams, along with notes and explanations from Prof D. Joyce.
- Colby College linear algebra exams.
- College of the Redwoods linear algebra exams.
- Harvard University linear algebra and differential equations exams. Textbook: Bretscher. From Oliver Knill.
- Kansas State University Math 551 Applied Matrix Theory old exam archive, many with solutions. 1994-2006.Text Linear Algebra for Engineers and Scientists Using MATLAB, by K. Hardy,
- Loyola University linear algebra exams.
- Northeastern University linear algebra exams.
- MIT sample exams from a course taught by Prof. Gilbert Strang.
- Princeton large collection of past linear algebra exams, Math 200, 202, 204, 217. No solutions.
- University of Colorado, Boulder Differential Equations and Linear Algebra exams with answers, 1992-2009, APPM 2360. Textbook: Farlow, Hall, McDill and West, Differential Equations and Linear Algebra
- University of Waterloo Linear Algebra tests sorted by subject.
- University of Toronto large collection of linear algebra exams.
- University of Minnesota Math 4242: Applied Linear Algebra exams with solutions. Text: Applied Linear Algebra by Olver and Shakiban. From Francisco Javier.