An endowment is an income-generating account, whose principal is untouched. Endowments have the advantage of providing funds for specified need (scholarship, equipment and supplies) in perpetuity, but do require a minimum investment of $10,000. The American River College Foundation currently manages over 50 endowments totally more than $900,000.
- Exist in perpetuity
- May be named for the donor or someone the donor wishes to honor
- Ensure enduring support for the college, its students and faculty
- Minimum of $10,000 to fund an endowment
- Pooled with other similar funds for investment purposes in accordance with the Finance Policy
- Annual payout can fund scholarships, equipment and supplies, a faculty or staff position or a myriad of other opportunities to support the college
When the principal of the endowment reaches the specified amount (normally $10,000) or more, the endowment will be activated, and the annual payout will be used to fund the donor's specified area of interest.
Investment of the principal of each endowment will be handled in accordance with the Los Rios Investment Policies, with the goal of achieving maximum earnings.