Why Give to ARC?
American River College students depend upon the financial support of generous individuals, businesses, and organizations in our community. Here are a few important reasons why you should consider giving to ARC:
- For many people, the possibility of a better life begins at a community college. Our full-time students have an annual median income of $16,223; 25% make less than $5,544 per year. For many of our students, they could not continue their education without an ARC scholarship.
- ARC educates the workforce of our region with award-winning programs, providing a mixture of professionals, paraprofessionals, trained employees, and more. American River College is integral to sustaining an educated workforce - both as an entry point to the job market and as a launching pad for students to pursue 4-year degrees and professions.
- Rising costs and quickly changing technology challenge ARC's ability to keep programs and instructional equipment up to date. Our students need access to current technology, to ensure they are ready to move right into the workplace.
- 98% of the fastest-growing jobs in the U.S. require some post-secondary education or training. Many in our community will not have access to that education or training without your support.
- State and local funds and bonds do not meet all student needs. It is private support that plays a vital role in filling the gaps left by state funding
"We want to create opportunities for students who are motivated to achieve their goals."
Greg and Kim Chamberlain, Foundation donors
How can you give? Check out the links on the left side, to learn more about your options.
When you donate to support American River College you are making an investment in the long-term economic, cultural and intellectual vitality of our community. Thank you for your consideration!