The 2019 ceremony will be held Wednesday, May 22, at 7pm in Beaver Stadium.
Grads - if you plan to participate in the 2019 commencement ceremony, you need to sign up by May 3 to confirm your attendance. Sign up now!
Just as in 2018, American River College will require guest tickets at the 2019 ceremony. All guests (including children of any age) will need a ticket in order to enter the ceremony.
This process is similar to many other colleges and universities, including our sister colleges Cosumnes River College and Folsom Lake College. The college works closely with graduates to ensure that everyone will have an opportunity to receive their tickets.
Graduation ceremony requirements
- Graduates must sign up to walk in the ceremony in order to obtain guest tickets.
- Each graduate will receive 4 tickets to the ceremony.
To better serve families - especially those who live out of the area - the college will videotape the ceremony and make it available on YouTube.
Grads - important things to remember:
- Make sure to complete all your requirements, including the reading competency test, prior to the end of the spring semester. March 1 is the deadline to petition for Spring 2019 graduation.
- Diplomas will be mailed to your home 6 months from the end of the semester of award.
- Balloons or other items are not permitted in graduates' seating area as this may obstruct someone's view.
- Appropriate public behavior is expected and appreciated by all.
- Questions about the ceremony and other important items can be asked during the morning rehearsal.
Cap, gown & tassel are required
Purchase yours at the ARC College Store. Additional items that may be purchased at the bookstore (but are not required) include graduation announcements, diploma frames, and additional tassels.
Morning rehearsal for graduates
The rehearsal will be held in the Stadium at 8am. During this time you will be instructed on entering and exiting the stadium, receiving your diploma cover on the stage, and seating arrangements. Do not bring your cap and gown to the rehearsal. Rehearsal usually lasts no more than one hour.
If you are a student who has special needs (mobility challenges, hearing impaired, visually impaired), please notify our staff prior to the start of the rehearsal so that we can provide you with the appropriate seating accommodations. No other pre-determined seating arrangements are made.
Stadium gates will open to the public at 6pm. Seating for guests with special needs is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests will not be permitted in the graduates check-in area prior to the ceremony. No balloons are allowed (this can obstruct the view of other guests) and there is no tailgaiting.
Rainy day plan
In case of rain the ceremony will be held in the gym. Each graduate will be limited to 2 guests.
Professional photographers from Grad Images will be at the commencement ceremony to take pictures of all graduates as they cross the stage and receive the diploma cover. These photos are provided as a service to graduates and there is no obligation to purchase them.
In addition, the college will be taking photos during the ceremony. These photos will be shared online and on social media.