The ARC Classified Senate oparetes on the principles of shared governance as stated in the Classified Senate Bylaws. That means that each senator may provide input into each event or decision, as discussed at each senate meeting. Committees may be formed ad hoc (as needed, for specific purposes). The Classified Senate is committed to providing the following annual events or activities:
- Classified Hiring Prioritization Process - The Senate is committed to review the EMP, CHPP, and hiring manual to assist the VPA and college President with new classified hiring.
- Elections Ad Hoc Committee - This Ad Hoc committee will hold annual elections. The goal is to assure the regularity and validity of each election, based on constitutional guidelines.
- Constitution and Bylaws Ad Hoc Committee - This Ad Hoc committee will review and update the Constitution/Bylaws annually. The goal is to uphold the Senate Constitution and Bylaws, ensure the Senate is operating within its code, and encourage ongoing development of the Constitution and Bylaws. This may be done by the Executive committee.
- Communications - The Senate is committed to providing information to new hired classified staff in semester-based college Classified Orientations, the distribution of welcome packets and a tour of the campus through a mentorship program with information of new hires coming from the VPA's office. In addition, the goal of this committee is to foster strong communication for classified staff related to the works of the Senate and via verbal, written, web page, and published materials.
- Recognition - The Senate is committed to awarding annually a Classified Staff Member of the Year, awarding annually a Classified Higher Education Scholarship, and other recognition deemed appropriate by the committee throughout the year. The goal is to create opportunities for academic growth and acknowledge the professionalism and value of members of the campus community.
- Socials/Events - The Senate is committed to facilitating a minimum of one Professional Development event per year. In addition, the goal of this committee is to provide a healthy social atmosphere where the Classified Senate is visible, networking opportunities are present, and professional and/or personal development opportunities exist.
- Fundraising - The Senate is committed to facilitating a minimum of two fundraising events per year with the goal of maintaining a positive operational account while generating enough profit to sponsor the Senate's activities.