Order Your Official Transcripts Online
The Los Rios Community College District has partnered with Credentials, Inc., to provide a secure and easy-to-use service for ordering transcripts online. This online request service will provide students and alumni at each college:
- Access to request official college transcripts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Automatic email and text-messaging communication during every step of the ordering process
- Online order status updates
- Faster processing time of 3-5 business days
- Authorization to release student records, as required by law
- Customer service assistance at 800-646-1858, Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m., Central time and Fridays, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Central time (for transcript order information only)
Click on the link below to access the online request process. The preferred and quickest method to order your transcript is through the Credentials portal within eServices. If you can no longer log on to eServices, click directly on the Credentials link below.
Current Students may request official transcripts through eServices. Click Order My Official Transcript under the Academics section on the eServices home page.
Alumni and prior students may request official transcripts using the college links below. Orders may require an additional faxed release form. Order via Credentials Inc.
Check ARC order status
To mail in payment for your transcript request
Click here to download and print transcript form. Please make sure to sign the transcript request before submitting it to the Enrollment Services Office.
If you cannot use the form and wish to submit your own written request, use the "Written Request Option," below.
Written Request Option
• Print your first, middle and last name (including any names you were registered under, if these have changed)
• Social Security Number
• Birth date
• Dates of attendance at American River College
• Number of copies to be sent
• Where the copies should be sent, or if you plan to pick up your transcript(s) at ARC's Enrollment Services office.
• Your signature and printed name
• Your phone number
• Your email
• Hold for (if applicable):
• Grades for ___ (semester), ____ (year)
• Grade Change/Academic Renewal in ______(course) in ___ (semester), ___ (year)
• Grade Change from ___ to ____
• Degree or Certificate to be posted
Send your form/request to:
American River College
4700 College Oak Drive
Sacramento, CA 95841
To make Requests in Person
• Go to the Enrollment Services Office, located in the Administration Building on College Oak Drive (Map).
• Open hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m .
Friday 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
• Bring picture ID
• Forms are available at the front counter
• Cash or checks accepted
Important Information to Know
- Transcripts held for grades for the current, in-progress term will not be processed until a specific date, as detailed on each college's website. You will want to check that your most current grades are included by viewing your unofficial transcript in eServices.
- Transcripts will NOT be processed unless all outstanding obligations to Los Rios CCD are cleared (including balances due, equipment, security, library and financial holds).
- In accordance with the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), a student-written authorization with a signature is required to release transcripts (unless online request is automatically verified through eServices or automated authentication). Pick-up by a third party requires a written, signed authorization to release the transcript.
- Work-In-Progress will automatically be included for currently enrolled courses.
- You are responsible for providing accurate mailing addresses. Replacement transcript requests resulting from inaccurate mailing addresses are subject to the normal transcript fee.
- Transcripts cannot be ordered by telephone except directly through Credentials, Inc., with an additional operator surcharge fee.
Note: Online ordering accommodates five types of requests:
1. Regular Service - mailed out by college within 3-5 business days
2. Regular Service Pick-up - available for pick-up within 3-5 business days
3. Rush Service - mail out by next business day
4. Rush Service Pick-up - available for pick-up by 12 p.m., next business day
5. FedEx - tracked delivery available online only. Additional fees apply to either regular processing or rush processing fees.
Fees and Processing Times
- Standard processing transcripts cost $5 each. Students are granted two (2) free transcripts. Standard processing time is typically three to five business days, except during peak times when it may be longer. All standard processing transcripts are mailed regular first-class mail unless sent electronically to a college partner or by FedEx delivery. Pick-up is also available. If someone else is picking up the transcript, the college will need written authorization to release the transcript to them.
- Rush processing transcripts cost $10 each, and will be processed no later than 12:00 p.m., the next business day. Rush processing transcripts are sent via regular first-class mail unless sent electronically to a college partner. Pick-up is also available. If someone else is picking up the transcript, the college will need written authorization to release the transcript to them.
- FedEx delivery: Transcripts may be delivered through FedEx. The standard overnight service will be as follows: Domestic 48 is $18 FedEx fee; Alaska & Hawaii is $21; International is $41. FedEx delivery is only available through online ordering.
- Responsibility for handling transcript requests in a prompt and efficient manner is of utmost concern to Los Rios and its colleges. We are not responsible, however, for mishandling by the U.S. Postal Service or the destination school or agency. Replacement copies cannot be issued without the normal transcript fee.
- Electronic transcripts will be sent whenever possible to our college partners accepting these transcript formats. Other official transcripts will be printed by each college's Admissions & Records office and mailed. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company's website that is provided during the delivery process. Los Rios has granted Credentials, Inc. the authority to deliver all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of each of the district's four college and to respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions.