Accreditation is a voluntary, independent review of educational programs to determine that the education provided is of uniform and sound quality. Being awarded accreditation ensures that an institution has been evaluated and that it met set standards of quality determined by the accrediting organization granting the accreditation. A college's accreditation is maintained by continued adherence to the set criteria. Courses offered at an accredited institution generally are transferable to other institutions and qualify for financial aid.
American River College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Post-secondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
The ACCJC is located at 10 Commercial Boulevard, Suite 204 , Novato, CA 94949. Their phone number is (415) 506-0234; their email is firstname.lastname@example.org and their website is www.accjc.org. Click here for a listing of upcoming ACCJC events and meetings.
Here are a few important documents (in PDF format):
- Certificate of Accreditation Letter 2018
- Certificate of Accreditation 2018
- June 23, 2017 ACCJC letter
- Follow-up Report (2017)
- Feb. 5, 2016 ACCJC letter announcing reaffirmation
- ACCJC Evaluation Team Report (2015)Self Evaluation Report of Educational Quality and Institutional Effectiveness
- Support of Reaffirmation of Accreditation (2015) (pdf-10 Mb)
- *Accreditation Report - Accessible Version (2015)
- Accreditation Visiting Team (Fall 2015)
- ACCJC Annual Report (2015)
- ACCJC Policy Letter (2016)
- ACCJC Annual Report (2014)
- ACCJC letter accepting ARC's 2012 Midterm Report (2013)
- College Status Report on Student Learning Outcomes (2012)
- Midterm Accreditation Report (2012)
- Letter of Reaffirmation (2010)
- ACCJC's Evaluation Report (2009)
- Institutional Self-study for Reaffirmation of Accreditation (2009)
In addition, some ARC programs are accredited by other external agencies:
- The Automotive Technology Program is accredited by the National Automotive Technical Education Foundation (NATEF)
- The Dietary Manager (Dietary Service Supervision) option is accredited by the Dietary Managers Association and the California State Department of Public Health.
- The Fire Technology Program is accredited by the California State Fire Marshal's Office.
- The Funeral Service Education Program is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE). 992 Mantua Pike, Suite 108 Woodbury Heights, NJ 08097 Phone:(816) 233-3747. Web: Exdir@abfse.org
- The Human Services option, Chemical Dependency Studies, is accredited by the California Alcoholism and Drug Counselors Education Program, and the California Association for Alcohol and Drug Educators.
- The A.S. Nursing Program is accredited by the California State Board of Registered Nursing.
- The Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, 727-210-2350, www.caahep.org
- The Respiratory Care Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC), 1248 Harwood Rd., Bedford, TX 76021; (817) 283-2835.