The certificate provides an overview of electronics and robotic theory and application, programming, design, and modification. Electronics theory and application are stressed along with sensors and controllers, an important part of the next generation of robotics. Various robotic platforms are used to give a wide understanding of all types of current and future systems.
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- identify and describe the terminology used when working with microcontrollers.
- program a microcontroller.
- compare brushed DC, brushless DC, stepper, and RC servo motor characteristics.
- construct and program mobile and pick-and-place robots.
- calculate speed and acceleration of robotic motion.
- describe the principles of sensors used to measure pressure and temperature.
- create simple electronic schematics using basic schematic symbols.
- analyze and troubleshoot basic electronic circuits.
- diagnose simple circuit failures with standard electronic measurement devices.
- design a PLC Logic circuit demonstrating input/output capabilities and timer and counter operation.
Course List: Required Program
ET 302 Principles of Electricity and Electronics 4
ET 197 Introduction to Mechatronics 4
ET 193 Introduction to Robotics and Sensors 4
Total Units: 12