Nurse Assistant & Home Health Aide
NURSE ASSISTANT (NURSE 100):
The Spring 2018 application for the Nurse Assistant course is available now through December 1, 2017. Click on the links below to access the application and instructions.
The application is a step-by-step process:
- Complete the application and attach the English Prerequisite for Nurse 100
- Provide medical documents (sent to student when complete application is received)
- Fingerprinting (forms and location sent to student when medical documents are received)
It is important to apply as soon as possible as there are limited seats in the course and it fills up quickly. Therefore, it is equally important to read ALL of the instructions to ensure you provide the proper documents when asked to do so.
If you have specific questions, please email Professor Blaney at email@example.com
HOME HEALTH AIDE (NURSE 101):
The application for the Spring 2017 Home Health Aide (Nurse 101) course is now closed. The next class will be held Spring 2018 - check back here for details!
For students who are interested in vocational training and who are not necessarily seeking a college degree, we offer two classes:
NURSE 101 - Home Health Aide
The Nurse Assistant and Home Health Aide courses are designed for students who:
- Are seeking employment as an entry level provider
- Are interested in the direct patient care experience
- Desire exposure to a health care environment to access their interest in health care as a career
- Want to prepare for the State of California Department of Health Services Nurse Assistant and/or Home Health Aide Certification
Other Important Gainful Employment Information and Opportunities/Links:
Department of Labor Job Market for Certified Nurse Assistant, Job Titles in Healthcare
California Department of Public Health
NOTE: Certified Nurse Assistant Testing - American River College no longer does testing. Contact Info: Northern California Regional Testing Center, Mission College, 3000 Mission College Blvd., MS 19, Santa Clara, CA 95054 (408) 855-5203, 855-5216