Transfer Requirement to CSUS
In addition to completing the Los Rios Community College District teacher education coursework, requirements for transfer to California State University, Sacramento (CSUS) include the following:
- Complete second semester of college level foreign language classes OR have completed 3 years of the same language in high school or 2 years of one language and 2 years of another language with C's or better, have graduated from a high school where English was not the primary language, have passed the AP exam, or be fluent in a language other than English. It is best to see a CSUS Liberal Studies counselor for further details and options for this requirement.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) in the transfer coursework.
- Complete the application to California State University, Sacramento (CSUS).
- Take and pass the CSUS IAD -- Intermediate Algebra Diagnostic -- right after completing Math.
- Take and pass the CSUS essay exam, the WPJ -- Written Proficiency Exam for Juniors. A CSUS Student ID # is needed to register for the exam. This number is on your CSUS application.
- Take the CBEST exam -- California Educational Basic Skill Test -- after completing English and Math classes.
- Meet with a CSUS Liberal Studies counselor at least two (2) semesters prior to transfer to CSUS. Los Rios Colleges have CSUS transfer counselors available on the campuses on a limited basis. Check at the counseling office for their days and times.
- Volunteer as often as possible for programs working with children.