A number of support services for teacher education students are available at Los Rios Colleges
- Teacher Prep Coordinator has information about coursework required for transfer to the CSU system and other pathways to a career in teaching.
- Counseling Center has counselors who have expertise to help students select the proper courses to prepare for a career in teaching. Check with the Teacher Prep Coordinator for specific counselor names.
- Learning Resource Centers offer academic support for teaching candidates who may need extra skills in reading, writing or mathematics.
- Financial Aid Office staff can give advice about opportunities for financial support, including financial aid, scholarships, grants, and work study.
- Computers for student use are available in the Learning Resource Centers and the Library.
- Cal Teach is available at www.calteach.com for support for teaching candidates.
- SCTA (Student California Teacher Association) is a campus club offering its members conferences and workshops for perspective teachers. Membership and more information available at http://www.studentcta.org