Purpose of Program Advisory Committee
The general purpose of the program advisory committees include the following:
- To promote greater cooperation between the college and the community it serves in preparing individuals for employment and further education, and in promoting the quality of education provided.
- To enhance the ability of the colleges to respond to the greater Sacramento area workforce demands for education and training and provide a process of continuous improvement through ongoing review and development.
- To assist the colleges in identifying the need for and the development of new programs and reviewing current programs for possible updating to meet changing needs in the workplace.
General roles and responsibilities:
- Understand and support the mission and goals of the Foundation and American River College.
- Attend and participate in board meetings. Assist in the decision making on all issues brought to the board including: curriculum and instruction, program review and evaluation, recruitment and job placement, student organizations and professional development for faculty and staff.
- Participate in development activities for at least one of the projects of the board. This would include efforts to inform and recruit students to programs, initiate opportunities for presentations to further publicize ARC's programs or particular careers, or appear on behalf of the advisory in community and/or speaking opportunities.
Learn more about the Work Experience & Internship Program
Request More Information
If you are interested in getting involved and would like more information or would like to speak to the Department Chair, please use the form below: